JOB TITLE: E&P Hydraulics Application Engineer
E&P Hydraulics is Europe’s leading manufacturer of hydraulic levelling systems for motorhomes and caravans. The company is based in the Netherlands, with satellite companies in UK, Germany, Sweden and France. The company supply direct to A-class manufacturers such as Carthago, Concorde, Dethleffs, Hymer, Neismann Bischoff and RS Motorhomes, as well as direct to the aftermarket in each country. In the UK this is done through a network of Accredited Dealers.
Reporting to the UK Managing Director, you will be responsible for delivering technical support and training of E&P Hydraulic levelling systems for motorhomes, caravans, satellite broadcast and other specialist vehicles throughout the UK and Ireland. You are therefore required to have excellent customer skills as well as a solid technical background, learnt through previous qualifications and experience.
Based in Blackburn, Lancashire, you will be expected to provide technical support to customers via telephone and occasional travel to sites as necessary. Some overnight stays and very occasional trips to Holland may also be required. 80% of time will be office/workshop based, 20% will be at customer premises.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Effective communication and liaison to ensure high level of customer service.
• To provide telephone technical support, fault diagnosis and repair support to customers and equipment as needed.
• To record and report all service / repair issues correctly to ensure full resolution of task.
• To have working time flexibility, when required, for customers with time restrictions. Occasional out of hours work or call-outs may be required for completion of time-sensitive projects.
• To promote and maintain good relations with customers, maintaining standards and promoting the good image of the company.
• To liaise with Accredited Dealers in the UK to plan occasional visits and generally support them technically.
• To carry out any other duties in line with the scope of the role and requirements of the business.
• To keep abreast of current and new technology advances within our customer base and market place.
• To undertake occasional prototyping, installation and service of systems in the workshop.
• To work with and maintain existing company procedures and systems.
• To ensure that all issued work is dealt with in an efficient and timely manner.
• To keep safe and in good condition all issued company property including but not restricted to company vehicles, computer equipment, mobile phone, tools and test equipment, spares kits.
• To be a conscientious team player within the Group of Companies.
• Undertaking travel as needed to meet service requirements, as directed by the Managing Director.
• To comply with all aspects of health and safety good practice during daily tasks.
The primary job role is to install kits on customer vehicles and train and deliver technical solutions to customers, so you will be responsible for representing the company and being an ambassador on a daily basis. You are therefore required to have excellent customer and people skills, and at times the ability to manage people’s expectations. It is an advantage if you already have knowledge of the motorhome/caravan market, but this is not critical. Below are some examples of the necessary skills required:
Mechanical, practical hands-on experience of light commercial vehicles is essential.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in engineering / service /maintenance
Knowledge of automotive electrical installations is essential.
Good diagnostic and problem solving skills.
Exceptional customer service skills.
Well organised with good attention to detail.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
A good timekeeper and organised self-starter.
Sets high standards with a strong work ethic
Ability to demonstrate hands-on approach.
Good verbal and written skills
Commitment to Health & Safety
Ability to work on own initiative and unsupervised
Able to stay away on occasions when required.
Holds a current driving licence
Holds a valid passport. Product training will take place in the Netherlands.
IT literate with MS Office experience essential. Experience of CAD (e.g. AutoCAD, Solid Works) an advantage. Excel and Sage experience an advantage.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we are offering a competitive salary as well as a company van, mobile phone and laptop.
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: Service Engineer